Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sunset on the Waimakariri

I was out for a run along the lower Waimakariri River last night, and it just happened to be golden hour, on a beautiful, almost perfectly still evening.  Sunset across the water - it doesn't get much better than that.  When you have scenery like this it certainly adds to the run, whiles t somewhat interrupting it as you stop and gape (and photograph).  Not a bad interruption though, especially in my current state of fitness!

As per normal with the golden hour, the shots get better the closer you get to sunset, so some of the best are down the bottom.









I think this one is probably my favourite of the lot


Lots of fishermen were out enjoying the conditions.  As I was shooting a salmon was hauled in on the other side of the Kaiapoi river.

The wide panoramas are all standard exposures, whereas most of the others are HDR shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment